What to include in your medical kit:
- standard first aid kit
- painkillers (e.g. paracetamol or aspirin)
- O.R.S. (oral rehydration salts) to replace the loss of salts and fluids in the event of diarrhea
- anti-diarrhea medicine for short-term use
- anti-malaria tablets (if necessary)
- disinfectant (e.g. iodine)
- sterile injection material
- motion sickness tablets
Depending on the nature of your trip and your personal circumstances, you could add some extras to your medical travel kit:
- Ensure you have enough medication with you, and retain all package leaflets and instructions for use. Do not pack all your medication in one bag in case that bag gets lost.
- Other travel items such as a mosquito net, mosquito repellent, or insect tweezers can be found on our webshop (in Dutch). Some of the products are also sold at our clinic.